Development Foundation Office
Welcome and History
On behalf of the Sacred Heart College Development Foundation I welcome you to this section of the College website. At Sacred Heart College we are emphatic about our purpose: to create Catholic men who will become leaders in their endeavours. The tone of the College is special. For Sacred Heart College to flourish it needs to remain financially strong.
The Sacred Heart College Development Foundation objectives are to:
- provide the financial security for the future, its goal being to offer a strong financial base on which to ensure the future of Sacred Heart College and that the Marist Brothers' mission in the school is assured and sustainable
- promote a positive culture of giving and philanthropy in the wider SHC community
- provide recognition of stewardship of donors as lifelong supporters of the College
- promote future advancement of the school through generational philanthropy
The Sacred Heart College Development Foundation Trust was established in 1994,being incorporated under the Charitable Trusts Act 1957. Subsequently, the Trust was registered in 2008 as a charitable entity under the Charities Act 2005.
The role of the Development Foundation Office is to assist with the advancement of the College as a Catholic Marist educational institution. Relationship management is a key role and as a resource centre its focus is fundraising, communications, alumni relations, and promotion and marketing of the College.
The Development Foundation Office works closely with the Proprietor, Sacred Heart College Old Boys Association, the school Board of Trustees and other groups. It is very much the lifeline to the future of Sacred Heart College.
There are a wide range of options in which to give including:
- making a bequest in your will.
- gifting through cash, shares, art, real estate etc.
- assigning income from an investment
- an interest free loan, with the interest used to support initiatives