Sacred Heart College Development Foundation Trust, established in 1994, was incorporated under the Charitable Trusts Act 1957. Subsequently, the Trust was registered in 2008 as a charitable entity under the Charities Act 2005. Over the years the Development Foundation Office has worked closely with the College Board of Trustees, the Proprietors Board, Sacred Heart College Old Boys Association and other key stakeholder groups on various fundraising initiatives and capital projects for the growth of the College.
At Sacred Heart College, we are emphatic about nurturing our young Marist men to become future leaders. The Sacred Heart College Development Foundation plays a key role in promoting the Marist mission, encouraging a philanthropic culture within the wider school community, and driving the strategic vision for the advancement of the College to maintain its position as a leading Catholic education institution in New Zealand. The tone of the College is special. For Sacred Heart College to continue to flourish it needs to remain financially strong.
The Sacred Heart College Development Foundation objectives are to:
- provide financial security for the future of the College and to ensure the Marist mission lives on
- encourage a positive culture of giving and philanthropy in the wider Sacred Heart community
- maintain positive relationships with key donors and sponsors as lifelong supporters of the College, and ensure they are properly recognised for their generosity
- promote the future advancement of the College through generational philanthropy
It is imperative to have the support of our Old Boys, parents, past parents, friends and the wider school community to ensure Sacred Heart College provides the best learning environment for its students and teachers, to enhance their knowledge and skills and to reach their full potential.
There are various ways in which you can support Sacred Heart College:
- through our Annual Giving Programme
- through the Endowment Fund – this fund will be invested and returns distributed to areas of need
- by making a Bequest in your will
- gifting through cash, shares, artworks, real estate etc
- assigning income from an investment
- a gift in kind
If you would like further information regarding the Endowment Campaign or other gifting options please contact (09) 529 3743 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Development Foundation Executive Chairman Mr Paul Greaney
Development Foundation Executive Assistant Ms Lyn Luxton