Investing in the Future of our Marist Men
The Endowment Fund established by the Sacred Heart College Development Foundation, is our is our commitment to support Sacred Heart College’s dedication to excellence and leadership in education. It is an investment in the future of our young Marist men.
The Development Foundation is focussed on raising $10 million by 2020 to ensure Sacred Heart College maintains its position as the leading Catholic Boys’ College in New Zealand. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in to safeguard and shape the future of the College.
The Endowment Fund is an investment aimed to generate annual incomes for:
Academic (Teachers) Fund
As it is becoming increasingly competitive to attract and retain quality teaching staff in the Auckland region, Sacred Heart College is committed to maintain its outstanding academic results.
Sacred Heart College will grow its base of excellence in teaching and reward teachers through the Academic Fund by supporting the following initiatives:
- Encourage co-curricular involvement - reward the commitment made by staff outside the classroom beyond their call of duty in cultural, sporting and other activities;
- Acknowledge middle and senior management responsibilities - those staff carrying greater responsibilities for the College’s success;
- Reward outstanding teachers - recognise outstanding teachers who inspire our students to succeed;
- Professional developments - encourage further learning opportunities and career development for staff in areas of curriculum, management and leadership;
- Recruitment and relocation grants – incentives enabling the College to attract teaching staff of the highest calibre, both nationally and internationally.
Scholarship (Students) Fund
The focus of the Scholarship Fund is to provide financial assistance for talented students who demonstrate leadership qualities but may not have the means to attend Sacred Heart College due to family circumstances. The Scholarship Fund will encourage these young Marist men to strive for excellence and to flourish in reaching their full potential during their education. Scholarship recipients will actively contribute their skills and knowledge to the School and will be involved in mentoring other scholarship students.
This fund will extend our Marist mission and vision and provide these students with an opportunity to be educated at Sacred Heart College. By supporting our Scholarship Fund, you can make a significant difference to the lives of a Sacred Heart family, one boy at a time.
Marist Brothers' Fund
For over 100 years the Marist Brothers have enriched and led the Sacred Heart College ethos through the witness of their religious vocation and active involvement in teaching, coaching, mentoring and pastoral care. Their influence has been significant in the lives of our boys and it is imperative that this Marist charism lives on.
The Marist Brothers Fund aims to support the welfares of the Brothers here at the College, to encourage and ensure the Marist Brothers continue to have an active involvement in the day to day life of the College.
If you would like to make a contribution to any of the above areas in our Endowment Fund, please contact the Sacred Heart College Development Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (09) 529 3743.