Goals of the Institute:
- To improve the sporting performance and success of Sacred Heart College in targeted sports and sport in general.
- To create and develop a strong coaching structure and coaching qualifications among Sacred Heart College staff, Old Boys and parents.
- To develop among all students, including the gifted and talented, a passion to give their best to Sacred Heart College sport.
- To maintain the best possible sporting facilities at Sacred Heart College, e.g. sports fields, cricket nets and practice strips, aquatic facilities.
- To strategically develop a Sporting Plan in order to successfully compete and eventually win Auckland, North Island and New Zealand titles.
The goals have been achieved with:
- Premier Water Polo - National title holder 2013, 2014, 2017; North Island Champs 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017; Trans-Tasman Champs 2013/14.
- Football held the National titles in 2011, 2014 and 2016 and the Auckland Premier League title in 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Rugby continues to dominate in the Auckland Championship league finishing runner-up in 2016 and 2017, 3rd in both 2011 and 2012 and fourth in 2014 and 2015.
- Rowing moves from strength to strength with 2013 Maadi Cup results: The under-18 Lightweight coxed Four - Bronze, under-15 Lightweight coxed Four - Bronze; 2015 Maadi Cup results: under-18 Novice Eight - GOLD, Under-18 Novice Four - Silver; 2017 Maadi Cup results: Over-15 Lightweight Four - GOLD, Over-15 Lightweight 2 - Bronze.
- Recent Cricket highlights include winning the Marist Cricket Carnival for the first time in the College’s history (2016) and our Year 7 and 8 Gillette Cup team coming runners up in the 2017 Auckland competition.
- In Tennis performance in 2013 the Premier team finished 3rd in Auckland and Rhett Purcell won three international titles. In 2014 the Premier team finished 2nd in Auckland and Jack Heslin claimed three international titles.