International Student Fees 2022
Download PDF version
*Airport Meet and Greet -This covers the initial reimbursement of travel costs for the host family to and from the airport. It is not a commercial service, therefore no liability is incurred. It is for new students only.
Tuition Fees Refund Policy
All fees stated on the invoice accompanying the Offer of Place are to be paid prior to the commencement of the enrolled course at Sacred Heart College. Payment of fees is confirmation and acceptance of the Enrolment Agreement for International Students and adherence to the Policies and Guidelines stated in the International Student Handbook.
- There is no refund of tuition fees, except in very exceptional circumstances (refer to clause 3).
- No refunds will be made:
a. If a student voluntarily withdraws from the College.
b. If a student transfers to another school part-way through their course.
c. If a student acquires permanent residency status or his parents are granted work permits after having
already enrolled at the College as an International Student.
d. If a student’s enrolment is terminated by the College on the grounds of serious misconduct including but
not limited to misbehaviour, unacceptable attendance, poor academic performance, violation of the School rules, criminal behaviour, or providing misleading or false information as part of the admission and
enrolment process, and/or;
e. If a student returns home for any reason other than the exceptional circumstances approved by the Board
- Exceptional circumstances which may be submitted for consideration are:
a. the death or serious illness of a parent or sibling, in which the Student is required to return home immediately.
b. the College ceasing to provide a course as contracted with the student.
c. the College ceasing to be a signatory of the Education Code of Practice.
d. the College ceasing to be an Education provider.
- In order to be considered for any refund the Parent or Legal Guardian of an International Student must apply in writing to the Board of Trustee setting out the special circumstances of the claim and must include suitable and verifiable proof of evidence to support the claim. Application must be made at least 10 weeks in advance before
it is considered and a decision is made.
- If an accepted application for refund is made before the commencement of the course, fees will be refunded
less a NZ$2,250 administration fee.
- If an accepted application for refund is made after the commencement of the course, fees will be refunded less:
a. an administration fee of NZ$2,250.
b. MOE and Proprietor’s levies already paid by the school.
c. The components of the fee already committed for the full duration of the course, including General Purpose and Attendance Due and the salaries for teachers, teacher aides, and staff involved in the International programme.
d. Commission already paid to agents if applicable.
e. SHC Hostel fees for the full current Term in which a student has withdrawn and those prior.
- Any unused portion of fees paid to homestay, or fees for services not yet delivered or used, may be refunded. SHC Hostel fees for any completely unattended Terms may be refunded upon application to the Hostel Board.
- All refunds will be made to the person who paid the fees i.e. the parent, guardian, or parental representative.
Fees Protection Policy
Rationale and Guidelines
The school is required to ensure that all students' fees are protected in the event that the College is unable to continue to offer tuition to International Students or in the event that a student is required to return home. The Board of Trustees of Sacred Heart College confirms that the Tuition Fees of International Students will not be spent by the College prior to the tuition being provided.