Sports Institute Rowing
Rowing is one of the most physically demanding sports at the College. Our programme is moving from strength to strength with medals in the Auckland and North Island Championships and the Maadi Cup in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016. In 2017 our O15 Lightweight Four won Gold at Maadi and over O15 Lightweight Double won Bronze, a huge achievement. In 2018 we gained 7 medals at North Island Champs and qualified for 7A finals at Maadi Cup.
Mike O'Brien, Coach
Terry Dolan, Coach
Year levels involved
Years 9 and 10
- PE shorts or tight-fitting sports shorts (own)
- Sports Institute shirt
- Training shoes (own)
- Sports Institute training jacket (optional)
Please see the Uniform online store for current pricing.
Sacred Heart College Erg Conditioning Room and Auckland Rowing Club for on water training.
- Posture development
- Physical conditioning
Sacred Heart College novice/under 15 crews
Days of competition
Weekend and school holidays
- Under 15/Under 16/Under 18 8/4/Lightweight 4
- North Island Representative
- Regional Performance Centre
- North Island and New Zealand Secondary Schools' Championships
- New Zealand Representative