Students in Year 10 study a broad range of subjects from across the Curriculum
|Physical Education, Health and Life skills
Students are also asked to select three option subjects from the following:
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Te Reo Māori
- Technology – maximum of two Technology subjects from:
- Food Technology
- Materials Technology
- Digital Technology (ICT)
- Design And Visual Communication
- Visual Literacy
- Music Institute (if accepted)
- Sports Institute (if accepted for Cricket, Football or Rugby)
Please note the following when making your subject choices:
- We ask that you please select a back-up option in case of a timetable clash, or if there are more students than can be catered for.
- Students who have been selected for the Sports Institute in Cricket, Football or Rugby, must choose Sports Institute as their option subject. Students who have been selected for Basketball, Rowing or Water Polo do not select Sports Institute as an option subject as training for these sporting codes is outside of the College timetable (either before or after school).
Once you have submitted your son’s option selection form every effort will be made to give your son his preferred option choices. However, in some instances, timetabling constraints mean that this may not be possible. In this case, we will be in contact to discuss other options. If you do not hear anything from us, you can assume your son’s options have been implemented for next year.
Option selection for 2022 is now closed. If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer France.