Students in Year 9 study a broad range of subjects from across the Curriculum
Students are also asked to select two option subjects from the following:
- Arts/Music: A combined course of two terms of Art and two terms of Music.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Te reo Māori
- Music Institute (if accepted)
- Sports Institute (if accepted for Cricket, Football or Rugby)
Please note the following when making your subject choices:
- If a student wishes to choose two language subjects, we will make every effort to accommodate this, however, due to timetabling constraints, this may not always be possible.
- Students who have been selected for the Sports Institute in Cricket, Football or Rugby, must choose Sports Institute as their option subject. Students who have been selected for Basketball, Rowing or Water Polo do not select Sports Institute as an option subject as training for these sporting codes is outside of the College timetable (either before or after school).
Once you have submitted your son’s option selection form every effort will be made to give your son his first two option choices. However, in some instances, timetabling constraints mean that this may not be possible. In this case, we will be in contact to discuss other options. If you do not hear anything from us, you can assume your son’s options have been implemented for next year.
Option selection for 2022 is now closed. If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer France.